Wednesday, September 2, 2009

NUTS AND BOLTS




Everyone who knew my late husband knew that he was a machinist by trade. His tool box has sat for 8 year untouched. Last Sunday I decided it was time to clean it out. I had decided that all these nuts and bolts weren't going to put him back together. They were in there collecting dust. So I put all this stuff that looks like junk to the common person like my self and boxed it up to send it to a new home. The box ended up in hands of love. Yep you guessed to Julie Haymaker Thompson. She was more than trilled to receive it all.
Well now we will have to wait and see what the real out come will be of the "junk" I gave to Julie. Bill created alot of the nuts and screws on his lathe for companies around home like Stryker. Now Julie will take them to their next life and put them into art for people to enjoy. So stay tune for the upcoming creations on both of our blogs.
Well it's time to call it a day. Everyone have a great week and will talk to you soon.
Hugs

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for going through that stuff, it must have been difficult. But it could not have gone to a better home. I'll be the first in line to get a piece of work made by Julie and Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to make some awesome things from Bills collection and thank him and you. I also want to see that cart moved into your studio for your creative stuff. Bill would be so happy it was being used that way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, what a wonderful way to carry on your late husband's memory. You know that Julie will do him proud. Now you need to take that empty cart and fill it with your special creative supplies!
    Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete